WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms around for good reason. It is easy to install and features an attractive, user-friendly interface.
At Hi4Web, you can install WordPress through Web Applications Installer, but if you want to learn how to install WordPress manually, keep on reading, this article will cover the steps needed to install WordPress manually.
If you’re a beginner, just use the Web Applications Installer process I outlined above.
Step 1: Download WordPress
- Download the WordPress package to your local computer from http://wordpress.org/download/.
- Unzip the downloaded file to a folder on your local computer.
Step 2: Upload WordPress to Hosting Account
There are two available options for uploading WordPress to a hosting account.
- Upload via FTP – you can use free FTP Client (ex: Filezilla, Core)
- Upload via File Manager – Hi4Web give you perfect file uploader
Step 3: Create MySQL Database and User
WordPress stores its information in a database. Therefore, a database will need to be created. you can Create one for easy by Hi4Web hosting database manager, but this article will cover the steps needed to creatae one by cPanel.
- Log into cPanel.
- In the Databases section, click the MySQL Database icon.
- Step 1: Create A Database, enter the database name.
- Step 2: Create Database Users, enter the database user name and password and click Create User.
- Step 3: Add User to the Database, click the All Privileges checkbox
- Step 4: Complete the task, make note of the database name, username and password, as you will need them for next step below.
Step 4: Complete the Installation
Now, you can go to your domain name to complete the installation process. When you visit your domain, you should see the WordPress install wizard.
- First, you need to choose your language.
- Entry the details for your database name, user, and password handy.
- If all goes well, you should be able to run the WordPress install now.
- Give your WordPress site a title and enter the information necessary to create your admin account Then click Install WordPress.
That’s it! You just learned how to install WordPress manually. You can now log in with the account details that you entered during the install process.